Employers want to hire people who want to work for them. How can you show you are this person, while still evaluating the position to see if it meets your Must Have List?
I recommend that you use your curiosity to continue gathering information.
- Be genuinely interested in learning more about it.
- Use words in your cover letter and conversations that convey interest and enthusiasm.
- Show that you have researched the company.
- Ask questions, building on what you already know about the company.
- Offer suggestions and ideas, if appropriate, to show that you are invested in the company.
- Act as if you already work there.
In this way, you become familiar to the people hiring, and you give yourself the best chance possible to see if in fact you do want the job. If you do want the job, you have acted consistently with that desire…and so you will get an offer. If you have ANY doubts about whether you want the job, you won’t get an offer. That’s the experience I and my clients have. So be fully committed to wanting the job, in your mind, heart, behavior, attitude.