A recent JupiterResearch survey commissioned by Convio indicates that on-line donors may give more than $3 billion during the 2008 holiday season.
- More than 89 million people plan to give in November and December 2008.
- Most (67%) plan to give the same or more as last year, while 33% will give less because of the economy.
- 54% of women and 48% of men expect to give.
On-line donors are most likely to support these types of organizations:
- Human and social services groups, like food banks and homeless shelters (41%)
- Faith-based organizations (34%)
- Disease and health service organizations (33%)
- Animal welfare organizations (24%)
- Disaster and international relief organizations (22%).
- 45% of women plan to give to a human or social service organization.
- 35% of men will give to human or social services organization.
Donors expect to use the following tools to make on-line donations.
- Charity Web sites (27 percent)
- E-mails from family and friends (15 percent)
- Charity information and evaluation sites (10 percent)
For more information, go to www.convio.com/holiday2008.