Dr. Laurence Shatkin, Ph.D., is one of the nation’s leading occupational experts and co-author of the book 300 Best Jobs Without a Four-Year Degree. This brief article provides a link to buy the book and learn about more than the 10 listed below:
- Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Medical Assistants
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health
- Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education
- Environmental Engineering Technicians
- Court Reporters
- Bill and Account Collectors
- Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary
All require some education – a 2 year degree or special training – and all are expected to be growth occupations.
Salaries vary for these positions, and some areas of the country pay more or less for the same occupation. Check them out as a way to get on the road to a career. You can be fairly quickly making some money, supporting yourself, seeing if the field is one you want to stay in, and then going to night school to move up the ladder into higher-paying jobs.